Summer is almost here which makes us want to have light summer dishes. The portability of a wrap makes it just as well suited to supper in your backyard as to a picnic at the beach.
Try this fruity wrapped salad with pineapple, mango and peach that can be eaten out of hand whether you have sand between your toes or not.
Time for some wraps!
Ingredients for 4 wraps:
6 slices fresh pineapple
olive oil for brushing
2 tsp. raspberry vinegar
1/4 tsp. salt
ground black pepper, to taste
150 g mixed salad (romain, red cabbage, carrots)
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 handful of roasted sunflower seeds
100 g grated gruyère cheese
4 large (25 cm) wraps or tortillas
- Cut peaches in half, remove seed and cut into slices. Cut mango half into slices.
- Brush peaches, mango and pineapple slices with oil and grill on each side until tender.
- Cool slightly, cut into 1 cm-chunks.
- Place fruit in a bowl together with the mixed salad. Toss with raspberry vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper, to taste. Add sunflower seeds and grated cheese and mix.
- Heat wraps in the oven or on the grill for a few minutes. Divide salad filling equally over wraps. Fold over one end and wrap sides over filling.
It is going to be a great summer full of light and delicious summer dishes!
Your Dole Team