Now an international favourite, the Waldorf salad has its roots in America: Oscar Tschirky, a waiter at the exclusive Waldorf Hotel in New York, created the original recipe in the late 19th century. Here we give this classic dish a modern twist and refine the Waldorf salad with crunchy walnuts and juicy grapes.
To make a Waldorf salad with grapes, you will need:
- 1/4 head of lettuce
- 150 g celery, cut into thin strips
- approx. 150 g grapes, halved
- 3 green apples, cut into small pieces
- 70 g walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 50 ml apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ground black pepper
To prepare your Waldorf salad with grapes:
Mix the vinegar, oil, honey and mustard together in a small dish. Season with salt and pepper. Add the apple pieces, grapes, walnuts and celery to a medium-sized bowl and mix together. Fold in the lettuce leaves and drizzle with the dressing. Serve immediately.
Your Dole Team