Couscous has been a very popular dish – either as a main course or a dessert – for some time now. But this healthy and substantial staple also makes the perfect snack to take with you when you are on the go or at work – and this recipe with couscous and blueberries is particularly fresh and fruity.
Ingredients for preparing this berry-based meal:
- 70 g couscous
- 2 handfuls leaf spinach
- 60 g raspberries
- 50 g light feta cheese
- 60 g blueberries
- 1 handful hazelnuts
For the fruity almond dressing:
- 60 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 dash almond extract
A mason jar with a lid to transport the couscous and blueberries and a separate container for the dressing.
To prepare the couscous and blueberries:
- Cook the couscous according to the instructions on the packet.
- Break the light feta cheese into small pieces.
- Wash the leaf spinach and berries.
- Finally, chop the hazelnuts finely.
- Layer all the ingredients, one on top of the other, in the jar, and top with the hazelnuts.
For the dressing, simply mix all the listed ingredients together.
With this nutritious “meal in a jar”, which is best prepared the night before, you are fully equipped for the next hunger pang!
Your Dole Team