Fruity, sweet and nutty is how we imagine the perfect side salad to accompany exotic dishes. This oriental recipe for bulgur with pineapple and pecan nuts will enchant your taste buds and evoke the world of the Arabian Nights.
The best thing about this sweet and delicious side salad is that it’s not just good with Middle Eastern dishes containing vegetables, cabbage, pulses, etc., it’s also easy to prepare and makes a good breakfast or lunch on the go.
You will need the following for your bulgur with pineapple and pecan nuts:
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecan nuts
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2–1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups water
Here’s what to do:
- Bring the water and bulgur to the boil in a large saucepan. Reduce the heat and allow the bulgur to soak for about 10 minutes until it is soft but not overcooked.
- Transfer the cooked bulgur to a large bowl and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Add the pineapple pieces, pecan nuts, basil, parsley and olive oil. Serve at room temperature.
Tip: For a particularly exotic touch, simply add cinnamon, honey, dried dates or pistachios to this oriental dish.
Enjoy your fruity feast!
Your Dole Team