Looking for a quick way to cool down on hot days? Then this orange sorbet is the perfect treat! A sorbet is the name given to a semi-frozen dessert – and what is more refreshing on hot days than an ice-cold, fruity snack? Our orange sorbet is slightly different to the dairy ice cream version, especially when the temperatures soar. It consists mainly of oranges and therefore tastes particularly fruity and not too sweet. And the best thing is: you don’t need an ice cream maker to prepare it. So, let’s go!
To make our fruity orange sorbet, you will need:
- 3 oranges
- 20 g brown sugar (5 teaspoons)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 l ice cubes (4 cups)
- Jug blender
- Lemon squeezer
- Ice cube moulds
Here’s what to do:
- Peel and slice one of the oranges.
- Grate the rind of the other two oranges and squeeze both oranges.
- Add the orange slices, juice, sugar and ice to the blender.
- Blend everything together to a creamy consistency but be careful – not for too long as otherwise the ice will melt!
- Place the mixture in the freezer for approx. two hours.
- Remove the orange sorbet and serve immediately.
Our tip: Garnish the orange sorbet with a few mint leaves for a dash of green.
Enjoy the refreshing taste!
Your Dole Team