Finger food is always a welcome addition at any party. Today’s recipe is perfect for your Easter buffet: delicious crostini with fresh spinach, grapes and apples. After all, there is nothing nicer than getting together with family and friends for a cosy brunch during the holidays.
You will need the following ingredients for our Easter finger food extravaganza:
- 3/4 cup naturally cloudy apple juice
- 1/2 pack baby spinach (150 g)
- 1/2 apple, chopped into small pieces
- Handful of grapes, divided into quarters
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced spring onions
- 5 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- 16 slices of whole grain baguette (approx. 2 cm thick)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Here’s what to do:
- Reduce the apple juice to half in a saucepan over a medium heat until it slowly thickens. Allow to cool to room temperature. Mix together the pieces of apple, grapes, parsley and spring onions. Season with salt and place the finished apple and grape relish to one side.
- Pre-heat the oven (ideally the grill) to its hottest temperature; brush the slices of baguette with some olive oil, season with salt and bake in the oven until golden brown. Alternatively, prepare the baguette in the toaster.
- Wash the baby spinach, distribute equally on the slices of baguette and spread with plenty of apple and grape relish.
- Sprinkle the toasted flaked almonds on the crostini.
Tuck into the Easter feast and enjoy the celebrations!
Your Dole Team