Summer has not begun yet, and a barbecue outside is probably not much fun given the current temperatures. But we can bring the ultimate summer barbecue feeling direct to your kitchen: our fruity roasted vegetables are ready in no time at all and the result is a summery fruity delicacy and no cold hands or feet.
What you need:
- 1 small bowl pineapple
- 1 pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoon cottage cheese (optional)
Here’s what to do:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Wash the pineapple, pepper and zucchini and cut them into small pieces. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, drizzle everything with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for approx. 15–20 minutes; if necessary turn the vegetables during this time. If they get too dry, add more olive oil.
- Remove from the oven and serve with the cottage cheese.
Tip: This dish also tastes great cold and makes a super snack if you are on the go.
Fruity barbecuing wishes,
your Dole Team