Are you up for sweet potatoes? Those tasty little tubers are not only very healthy, but also versatile in the kitchen. We combine them with spinach and mushrooms to create a delicious and light meal, perfect for lunch and dinner. Here is our favourite sweet potato recipe!
Ingredients for 2-3 servings:
- 1,4 kg sweet potato
- 65 ml plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley, crushed
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed,
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 230 g white mushrooms, sliced
- 250 g spinach
How to prepare the roasted sweet potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 200 °C. Coat large baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray or oil.
- Peel sweet potatoes; cut into 2-3 cm pieces and place in a bowl of cold water.
- Place 65 ml oil, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon onion salt, 1/2 teaspoon basil, and 1/2 teaspoon oregano into 4 litre food-storage bag.
- Drain sweet potatoes, place in bag and close securely.
- Vigorously shake bag to coat potatoes. Spread evenly on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown, stirring halfway through.
- Remove potatoes and place on large serving platter.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick pot. Cook garlic until tender. Stir in mushrooms and cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon each onion salt, basil and oregano. Stir in spinach, cook and stir another 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Spoon over potatoes and mix gently.
Have fun trying out this new recipe!
Your Dole Team