Like to try a new food trend? Poke tastes at least as exotic as it sounds and makes for a delicious gastronomical experience. And because we are true fruit and vegetable lovers and love to experiment with recipes, we have re-interpreted Poke and instead of rice have chosen a fruit salad:
Ingredients for the Poke recipe:
- 340 g fresh salmon, cut into 1–2 cm cubes
- 300 g fresh pineapple, finely chopped
For the marinade, you will need:
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 spring onion
- 60 ml low-sodium soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped preserved ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
For the salad:
- Mixed salad (350–400 g), consisting of cranberries, flaxseeds, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, romaine lettuce, green cabbage, carrots and spring onions
- Pomegranate vinaigrette (approximately one cup): 1/3 cup olive oil, 1/3 cup pomegranate juice, 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons orange juice, 1 teaspoon chopped onions or shallots, salt, pepper
Prepare the marinade and place the fish and pineapple in it. To do this, place the red onions, spring onions, soya sauce, honey, sesame oil, ginger, sesame seeds, salmon and pineapple pieces in a medium-sized bowl and mix together. Leave to stand for five minutes. To make the pomegranate vinaigrette, mix the olive oil with the pomegranate juice, red wine vinegar, orange juice and chopped onions and season with salt and pepper.
Then place the mixed salad in a large bowl and pour over the pomegranate vinaigrette. Remove remaining marinade from the salmon and pineapple and add both to the prepared salad. Eat immediately.
Tip: For a change, try tuna instead of salmon.
Your Dole Team