Spring is here and so is asparagus! This healthy green vegetable is not only delicious when prepared in a classical way. Try our tasty combination with quinoa to make a quick and easy spring-like Quinoa and Asparagus salad.
This is what you need for 6 servings:
– 200g quinoa, thoroughly rinsed with cold water
– 250ml chicken broth or vegetable broth
– 1 teaspoon olive oil
– 500g asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces
– 3 green Onions, diagonally sliced
– 2 radishes, trimmed and sliced
– 300g strawberries, hulled and sliced
– 150g feta cheese, crumbled
– 3 tablespoons julienned fresh mint
– 1 pkg. hearts of romaine
For the honey-lemon vinaigrette:
– 3 tablespoons lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon honey
– 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
– 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
– 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine quinoa and broth in saucepan. Over high heat, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes, until quinoa is tender. Place in large serving bowl.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over high heat. Cook asparagus for 3 minutes, until tender-crisp, stir occasionally. Combine asparagus, green onions, radishes, strawberries and mint with the quinoa.
- For the Honey-Lemon Vinaigrette combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Toss the quinoa salad with Honey-Lemon Vinaigrette.
- Arrange hearts of romaine on a serving platter, top with asparagus-quinoa mixture and sprinkle with feta cheese.
Enjoy that fresh and light asparagus dish! Your Dole Team