A bowlful of joy: poké bowls have been part and parcel of the urban restaurant scene for years now. What makes them so successful? The perfect symbiosis! Healthy eating meets a great look and a cool lifestyle that beams some people directly to the beaches of Hawaii. And the best thing: they are so easy to prepare. Our pineapple and salmon poké bowl is a really fruity option for you to enjoy.
Ingredient for 4 bowls:
- 200 g quinoa
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- A pinch of salt
- 1 lemon
- 1 small pineapple
- 1 bunch of radishes
- 2 red onions
- 1 mango
- 100 g baby spinach
- 100 g edamame (alternatively: peas)
- A little olive oil
- 2 tbsp sriracha (Asian chilli sauce)
- 350 g sushi-quality salmon fillet
- 1 handful of spinach leaves
Preparation time: approx. 30 minutes
- Put the quinoa into a saucepan with the vegetable stock and salt and bring to the boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes on a low heat. Grate and squeeze the lemon.
- Peel the pineapple – ensuring to remove the brown parts – and cut it into bite-sized chunks. Clean the radishes and slice them thinly. Peel the onions and cut them into thin rings. Stone the mango, peel it and cut it into pieces. Roughly chop the spinach and mix it with the quinoa and lemon zest.
- Mix the lemon juice with some olive oil and sriracha. Cut the salmon into thin slices.
- Divide the quinoa mix between the bowls and arrange the salmon, vegetables and fruit decoratively on top. Finally, garnish with spinach leaves and the sriracha and lemon dressing.
Enjoy this culinary journey!
Your Dole Team