Penne with grapes, corn and mushrooms? Oh yes! This unusual combo of sweet and savoury flavours mixes it up at lunch time and is the perfect meal to prepare the night before. All pasta fans will like this pasta dish and even novice cooks will manage it – we promise.
Ingredients for pasta with grapes:
- 60 g table grapes (red and green)
- 70 g whole wheat penne
- 150 g mushrooms
- Handful of corn
For the fruity chilli dressing:
- 1 organic lemon plus rind
- 2 tbsp soya quark alternative
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Juice of 1 orange
A mason jar with a lid and a small container for the dressing.
- Cut the mushrooms in half. Rinse the grapes in hot water. Cook the pasta in salted water according to the instructions on the packet.
- Fry the mushrooms in olive oil in a medium-sized pan for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and layer up the mushrooms, grapes and corn with the pasta in the jar.
To make the dressing, simply mix all the ingredients together and drizzle over the pasta and grapes shortly before eating.
Into the jars, get set, go!
Your Dole Team