Our feelings of happiness explode at the amazing aroma of fresh oranges. We simply serve them as an orange club sandwich. This delicious snack brings summertime enjoyment the whole year through, is quick to prepare and sets you up with fruity energy for the day.
Ingredients for 2 portions:
- 3 oranges
- 1 tsp toasted fennel seeds, chopped
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp light balsamic vinegar
- Salt, pepper
- 1 bunch of rocket
- 6 slices of white spelt bread
- 6 tbsp hummus
- 80 g Provolone
Preparation time: approx. 20 minutes
- Peel the oranges, ensuring to remove the pith completely. Then cut the oranges into thin slices and place them in a bowl.
- Mix the fennel seeds with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and pour this mixture over the orange slices.
- Toast the slices of bread under the oven grill for one minute on each side. Then spread the hummus on the toasted bread.
- Now place the orange slices and Provolone on top. Then wash the rocket and scatter it over the slices of bread.
Tip: Grapes provide even more of a summer feeling. Simply half them and place them on top or enjoy them as an accompaniment to your orange club sandwich!
Take a bite and enjoy the fruity moment of happiness!
Your Dole Team