Looking for a snack to take to the office or when you are going on a trip? No problem, you don’t always need to pick up something already made from the shop. Our fruit salad to go, which includes a fresh and fruity dressing made from lime, honey and mint, can be made in a jiffy at home. Stored in a jar, it makes an ideal, healthy snack to bring with you – and provides you with the vitamins that you need to keep going while you are out and about.
You will need the following ingredients for your fruit salad to go:
- 2 oranges
- Handful of mixed grapes
- Handful of finely chopped pineapple
- Handful of blueberries
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds
- Some fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Sealable Mason jars
Here’s what to do:
- Chop up the fruit and place it in a bowl.
- Squeeze the lime and stir honey and mint into the juice.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit and mix together well.
- Toast the almonds in the pan until they are golden brown and sprinkle over the fruit.
- Distribute among the jars and your healthy snack is ready to go.
Tip: You can also bring the dressing and the almonds separately in small jars and just add them to the fruit salad shortly before you eat it – this will keep the fruit and almonds beautifully crisp.
Enjoy your vitamins on the go!
Your Dole Team