Ketchup always means tomatoes, right? Not necessarily! Blueberry ketchup is a berry-flavoured version of the classic dip. Its fruity flavour complements grilled food and crispy sweet potato chips.
Sweet and spicy, with a fruity note, this unusual ketchup is a must for all sauce fans!
To make approx. 500 ml of blueberry ketchup, you will need:
- 600 g blueberries
- 100 g honey, maple syrup, agave syrup, or another sweetener of your choice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chipotle chilli flakes (smoked jalapeño chilli)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Thyme leaves from 4 or 5 sprigs, finely chopped
- Place all the ingredients in a pot and stir.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce down at a low heat for approx. 30 minutes until the mixture has the required consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into sterile glass jars, making sure that the seal of each jar is airtight.
Tip: If you don’t want to sacrifice the taste of tomatoes in your ketchup, why not add some fresh, flavourful tomatoes or tomato purée during cooking?
Who would have thought it? Blueberries not only taste delicious, they are also real powerhouses and, thanks to their valuable nutrients, also good for your health. Eating a cup of blueberries every day can even help to reduce your blood pressure.
Enjoy this delightful blue delicacy!
Your Dole Team