Everybody has hollowed-out pumpkins? How about a hollowed-out pineapple? We introduce this exotic fruit and show you how you can do the eatable Halloween decoration yourself. This creepy Halloween pineapple is an eye catcher on the next Halloween party!
Ingredients and required utensils
- a large, sharp filleting knife (plus ideally a pineapple slicer)
- tea light (electric or in a glass)
Preparation of eatable Halloween decoration
- First remove the leafy crown/stump of the pineapple. The easiest way to do this is to use a bread knife with a serrated edge. Cut as straight as possible because we want to put the stump back on the head of the pineapple and use it as hair.
- Twist the pineapple slicer until you reach the very bottom of the pineapple, pull out the slicer and put the pulp aside. The remaining woody middle part of the pineapple can be removed (carefully) by a knife.
- Cut a scary or funny grimace in the pineapple. Place the tea light inside and put the stump (hair) back. Finished!
The pulp of he pineapple can be used for a delicious fruit salad or for a fruity bowl.
Lots of fun with the eatable Halloween decoration and happy Halloween!
Your Dole Team