Wow, it’s crispy! Using bananas, apples and rolled oats, we conjure up a tasty and crunchy cake – perfect for in between meals! This crispy banana cake with rolled oats makes a delicious breakfast or afternoon snack and is easy to make even if you are not a baking aficionado.
Fancy some cake with real “bite”? Grab your blender and baking tin and get to the oven!
Ingredients for banana cake with rolled oats:
- 180 g rolled oats
- 55 g brown sugar
- 55 g table sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large firm bananas, sliced
- 2 green apples, peeled, cored, cubed
- 60 ml orange juice
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Rapeseed oil
- Springform cake tin
Here’s how to prepare your banana cake with rolled oats:
- For the crumbed mixture: Combine the rolled oats, brown and white sugar and 1/4 tsp cinnamon in a large bowl; leave to one side.
- Mix together the bananas with the apples, orange juice, nutmeg and 1/4 tsp cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl to form a fruit mixture.
- Grease the cake tin with some rapeseed oil and sprinkle the bottom of the tin with some of the crumbed mixture until the tin is nicely covered.
- Add the fruit mixture on top and then sprinkle the remaining crumbed mixture evenly over the fruit.
- Bake the banana cake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 30 to 35 minutes until it is golden brown.
Leave to cool slightly and then dig in to this crunchy deliciousness!
Your Dole Team