Cupcakes are the perfect alternative to sugary pastries from the bakery. Super fast to make and served with fresh fruit, a little cup of cake will satisfy any sweet tooth.
These tasty morsels are the perfect solution when you have a yearning for something sweet in the afternoon or when you receive a surprise visitor! All the ingredients are almost certainly in your cupboard, allowing you to conjure up a sweet but healthy snack in no time at all. And let’s be honest: who can resist warm chocolate cake?
For two cups of pure pleasure, you will need:
- 1 large overripe banana
- 4 tbsp almond butter
- 1 large egg
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp soya yoghurt alternative
- Handful of raspberries
- Other toppings of your choice
- Using a fork, mash up the banana in a medium-sized bowl. Add the almond butter and egg and combine well. Mix in the maple syrup and cocoa powder. Combine everything to form a homogeneous mixture.
- Place the dough in two microwave-safe cups. Microwave each cup on high for 1 to 2 minutes until the cake has risen.
- Garnish with a dab of soya yoghurt alternative, raspberries and other toppings of your choice.
What are you waiting for? Go for it and enjoy!
Your Dole Team