Snacking can be colourful! Chickpea salad makes a satisfying meal and provides valuable protein and iron. Want to keep it colourful at lunchtime? Juicy oranges, savoury rocket, onions and tomatoes add colour and delicious flavours to the mix. And off we go to lunch with our surprisingly different chickpea salad!
Ingredients for the chickpea salad:
- 200 g chickpeas
- 1 handful rocket
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes
- 2 oranges, cut into segments
- 1/4 red onion
For the aromatic herb dressing:
- 1 tsp herb mustard
- 2 tbsp herbal vinegar
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt, pepper
An empty jam jar or mason jar for your salad and a smaller jar for the dressing.
- Layer up the chickpeas, rocket, cherry tomatoes, orange segments and onion slices in the jar.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the dressing and pour into the smaller jar.
- Pour the dressing over the salad shortly before eating.
Enjoy your lunch date!
Your Dole Team