The afternoon slump is looming – do you need a little pick-me-up? If so, we have a super snack tip for you: our Blueberry energy balls are easy to prepare and take with you on the go.
What you need:
- 200 g (1 1/2 cups) blueberries
- 200-300 g (3 cups) finely ground rolled oats
- 50 g (2 cups) amaranth, puffed
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch of salt and vanilla sugar
- Optional: desiccated coconut, nuts
Here’s what to do:
- Purée the blueberries.
- Gradually add 200 g (1 1/2 cups) of the rolled oats.
- Add the maple syrup, amaranth, salt and some vanilla sugar and stir through well.
- If the mixture is reasonably firm, roll into small balls (if it is not firm enough, stir in the remaining 100 g (3/4 cups) rolled oats)
- Place the energy balls in a lidded container and store in the fridge; they are ready to eat whenever you feel like one and are also handy to take to work, in a screw top jar for example.
Your Dole Team