Everyone can eat healthily, whether they’re in the office or on the go. Our secret tip to save money: we love “meal preps”. It’s easy: just cook a simple dish quickly the evening before and take it with you the next day.
Banana curry with chicken makes the perfect substantial snack for your next break! The bananas in this tasty combo provide you with long-lasting energy. The coriander, curry, turmeric and chilli add an invigorating touch.
Ingredients for your banana curry with chicken
- 2 bananas
- 200 g chicken
- 1 handful peas
- 120 g wild rice
- A few coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp toasted cashew nuts
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric
- Salt, pepper, some red chilli to taste
An empty jam jar or mason jar to carry your curry in
- Cook the rice, drain off the water and allow to cool slightly.
- Peel the onions and cut them into cubes.
- Fry the chicken with onions and spices in some oil. Remove from the pan, fry the bananas and roast the cashews.
- Now add some colour: layer up the rice, chicken, peas, bananas, coriander and cashews separately in the jar, allow to cool and seal the jar.
Ready to go and ready to snack!
Your Dole Team wishes you lots of fun trying out this recipe.