Boring coffee tables are a thing of the past thanks to our refreshing banana and avocado raw cake! This quick baking idea is not only fruity but is also vegan. The highlight: you don’t even need an oven.
Ingredients for 8 portions of banana and avocade raw cake:
- 150 g dates
- 100 g almonds
- 100 g pecans
- 2 large avocados
- 4 bananas
- 5 tbsp lime juice
- 10 tbsp maple syrup
- 350 g vegan cream cheese
- 3 tbsp agar-agar
- 3 tbsp pistachios, chopped
Preparation time: approx. 20 minutes + cooling time
- Place the dates, almonds and pecan nuts into a blender and finely chop.
- Line the base of a springform tin (approx. 20 cm diameter) with baking paper. Add the date and nut mixture to the tin and press down firmly to form a base. Place the tin in the fridge.
- Peel and stone the avocados and cut them into pieces. Peel 3 bananas, cut them into pieces and mix them with the lime juice and maple syrup. Blitz everything to a fine purée in the blender and mix with the cream cheese.
- Bring 300 ml of water to the boil. Stir in the agar-agar and boil for 5 minutes while stirring. Remove from the heat and allow to cool a little. Stir the liquid into the cream cheese mixture and then immediately pour everything into the springform tin. Place the tin in the fridge and allow to set for at least 3 hours. It’s best to leave the cake to cool overnight.
- Remove the cake from the tin. Peel and slice the last banana and use this and the pistachios to garnish the cake.
Tip: Serving the cake with raspberry sauce gives it an additional fruity note.
We are now enjoying our well-deserved “no-bake” cake break. Are you too?
Your Dole Team