Banana split, banana bread, banana shake … just some of the banana recipes that we are familiar with. How about a spicy banana dip for a change? Quick to make, it is the perfect accompaniment for fish, meat, vegetables and even salad.
This is what you need for a spicy banana dip:
- 2 bananas
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 1 tsp freshly chopped mint
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp finely chopped green chilli
Here’s what to do:
- Using a fork, mash the bananas on a small board. Place the mashed banana in a small bowl that can be sealed airtight.
- Mix together the lime juice, coriander, mint, ginger and green chilli and keep the banana dip (in the airtight bowl) in the fridge until it is ready to eat.
By the way, in addition to fish, meat, vegetables and salad, our spicy banana dip is also delicious with homemade whole wheat crackers – a snack that is sure to be a hit at your next party. To make them, simply mix together half a cup of wholemeal flour, half a cup of wheat flour, two tablespoons of ground chia seeds or crushed flax seeds and 3/4 teaspoon of salt and 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder. Add 1/3 cup of water and a tablespoon of olive oil and work into a dough, kneading well. Add another one or two tablespoons of water if necessary. Divide the dough into four equal-sized pieces, cover and leave to rest for about 10 minutes. Then roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until it is wafer thin. Carefully place the dough on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and bake in the oven for about four minutes at 200° Celsius (top and bottom heat). Remove from the oven and break into mouth-sized pieces.
Your Dole Team